Breaking

TELEGRAM CHANNEL

TELEGRAM CHANNEL
TELEGRAM CHANNEL

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Actors Gossips: Stereotyping always happens, if you look good during a saree, people cant visualize you in western clothes

Actors Gossips: Stereotyping always happens, if you look good during a saree, people can’t visualize you in western clothes

Actors Gossips: Stereotyping always happens, if you look good during a saree, people cant visualize you in western clothes


Actor Anangsha Biswas feels the OTT medium has given her an opportunity to showcase her range of acting, instead of films.

Actor Anangsha Biswas is going to be seen next within the second season of Mirzapur.

Actor Anangsha Biswas has had quite some experience performing on the OTT medium. Popular shows like Hostages and Mirzapur figure on her resume, and therefore the second season of the latter is about to air, too. However, she still feels to date, she hasn’t got her due as an actor.

“I come from a theatre background and trained in working from Australia. What i used to be expecting, we aren't there yet,” she confesses.

Having said that, the 30-year-old is all praises for the OTT space, which she admits, has given her chances. 

“It has been an honest beginning. I started as Zarina with Mirzapur’s first season, it had been my first project on the OTT space. I might say that yes, it brought me to the stable of excellent actors, that’s the one thing that went on due to these platforms. They showed me several characters. I wanted people to understand that, but it had been not happening for an extended time, that I even have range.”


Biswas had also played a task within the film Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), but visited Australia after it. She says the rationale she found it easy to abandoning of labor then was because she was getting an equivalent role again and again.”

“When that film released, i used to be getting an equivalent role again — a Bengali girl. Stereotyping always happens. they struggle to place you during a box, so if you look good during a saree, they can’t visualize you in western clothes at all! Then I did action sequences in Hostages, now people are after me saying ‘Lara Croft ki Tarah roles Karo’,” she says.

The actor adds she has been very conscious to not repeat herself. “Otherwise I won’t be excited, they won’t give my one hundred pc. If that doesn’t happen, then what’s the point? I don’t do tons of labor, but that which excites me,” she reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.